I’m hoping that my last post wasn’t too emo, but it comes with the territory of being EmoJak. I’ve a reputation to uphold. That being said, though, I want to make sure it was clear that I would be continuing blog series like Trailer Tuesday, and blog hops like the TToT. So I’m not completely disappearing just quite yet.
I don’t really have a full intro like I usually do, and the clock is ticking before Midnight strikes, so let’s get to the Thankful.
- I’m Thankful for a busy schedule. I didn’t get everything done on my list, far from it, but I still kept myself occupied for the better part of the week. What are some things I did? Those just happen to be a few things I’m Grateful for…
- First, finally completing and posting Saying Goodbye. It had been in the works for months. I just never felt like it was the right time to revisit it, until last week. It’s done, it’s up, and I can move on to another topic. For another time.
- Being able to go up to the coffee shop where I originally began writing again in 2012. It was where the original NaNo group would meet up on Thursdays in November. The baristas (and customers) have always been nice there, even with their changing of the guard over the last year. I hope to continually frequent it, as I’ve found I can write more readily when in that space. I was even able to meet up with an old friend there too! Double Thankful!
- My S Health app. The Ladyfolk and I have begun to use this app as we attempt to better manage our health. We can keep track of exercise regiments, calorie intake/burning, and set goals. It has an expansive database, which I never knew a free app would offer, so I’m fairly impressed. I’ve already noted how we’ve become more mindful of what we decide to eat for any given meal.
- That I understand that it’s a slow process to eating healthier and creating a more active, choice-conscious lifestyle. Some days you will meet your goals, while other days…
You can customize meals. 9999 was the highest calorie intake (per serving) you could make, though I forgot I could go up to 4 servings!
- That S Health is so kind as to offer some sound, no-shit-Sherlock, advice.
- For the walks that the Ladyfolk and I have started to take. We try to go every night, and so far we have been really good about it. It can sometimes take a bit to convince her to go, though. Sometimes even harder to convince her to go on one of our long routes. To be fair, though, most of this hesitation stems from her experiencing various pains in different parts of her body. She powers through anyway!
- Getting to go out to garage and estate sales! I love it! This week was apparently a popular week for used golf equipment and Precious Moments figurines. It was hard not to but the figurines, because I have always associated them with being really valuable, but it turns out there is quite a large flux in pricing. Also, I much prefer they have original packaging, which these did not.
- This weekend was a big birthday event weekend. Multiple friends were having parties, but I wasn’t able to make them all. I ended up going to the first (and closest) I was invited to. I’m very Thankful that, at the last minute, I came across everything I wanted to give as a gift. I was bummed when I couldn’t find the very specific item I wanted, even online, throughout the week. I think it went over well, and wish I had taken a picture of my card sentiment to share, but it hadn’t crossed my mind to do so. It was a great night of grilling, random music, and swapping stories.
- Art-A-Whirl. This weekend was also host to a huge open-studio art tour event. I had heard of it — considering it takes place, literally, in my backyard — but never attended. The Ladyfolk had before, and loves it, so we walked up to a local establishment to check out some of the displayed arts and crafts. There was plenty of it! She visits one artist’s work each year, and it was by far some of the most impressive pieces that I saw featured. Attempting to do it justice through words just wouldn’t cut it. We took a handful of pictures, and I’m not sure if the Ladyfolk is sharing any during her TToT post, but I may on Wednesday.
Feel free to leave your Thankful List in the comments below, if you aren’t participating directly with the blog hop! Do you use any health apps and/or programs to keep track of your diet and exercise progress? If so, which, and what do you think of them? Any recommendations on some free ones? Are you a garage sale lover? Have you ever found anything of value for bargain prices? Have you ever attended an art event/tour?