The A to Z Challenge 2014 is official over, and I have been attempting to catch up on the many blog entries I missed. As well as some TToT posts I was too busy to read. I am fairly relieved I decided against joining a Blog Every Day in May event, despite how an absence of daily prompts may impact my writing frequency.
It may take me a few weeks to fully get caught up, and if I miss any specific posts you would like me to read that I may have missed, please post links in the comments below. For now, I will do my best to stay active with the TToT blog hop. The 50th post is coming in fast and hard, and there is no telling what could happen. I can’t miss that!
Now on to the Thankfulness:
- That I was able to complete the A to Z Challenge 2014!
- That the challenge is finally over!
- I’ve recently had some issues with ordering some gaming cards through a site, which is like a hub for a multitude of Sellers to list their product. Think eBay, in a way, but without the bidding. Just listing merchandise. I type in a card name, I get a list of all Sellers selling said card and for what condition and at what price. I’m Thankful that Sellers have refunded orders which have not been received in their listed condition (if arriving at all).
- That the main website offering this service has great customer service!
- While watching a movie trailer, I was introduced to a new song. This song, in my opinion, seems to encompass the essence of my After Armageddon WiP. Unfortunately, it’s not available on Spotify to add to my WiP playlists, so I’ve had to YouTube it over and over again. I plan on writing an entry specifically highlighting this song in the near future. I’m very Thankful for the inspiration it creates.
- I’m Thankful the Ladyfolk and I were able to find some awesome presents for her nephew's birthday! He wanted dinosaurs and dalmatians (an odd combination, I know), and we were able to deliver. The Ladyfolk found a sweet play box that transforms into a mat and came with two dinosaurs. Luckily another relative bought a tub of dinosaurs, so the two gifts were perfect. I just happened to have a huge stuffed dalmatian that I have had for years, and it seemed to go over really well!
- Going for a walk around the same swamp lake, mentioned earlier, with the Ladyfolk. I guess I love going there, because it’s where I spent a lot of time as a child. My brother, father, and I would ride bikes and walk around the trail all the time. I showed her a playground we would stop and play at, complete with a mock cannon, on many of our outings. We also went to see if my rescued balloon was still fluttering in the wind (see below).
- Hanging out with the Ladyfolk’s brother after our walk. It was kind of nice to be able to enjoy some time with him while there weren’t a million kids running around demanding attention. We got there just after the little ones had been put to bed.
- Seeing Captain America: The Winter Soldier! While I felt the first movie was okay — albeit filler for The Avengers — I thought the sequel was badass. I loved the storyline, the action, the characters; pretty much everything! And we went to see it in 3D! I’d highly recommend it, if into the superhero movies, or just good action flicks. A bonus was seeing the Guardians of the Galaxy and X-Men: Days of Future Past trailers in 3D too! Freaking sweet! Don’t tell her I told you, but the Ladyfolk maybe drifted off in the middle of the movie… Shh… Mum’s the word!
|My little balloon was apparently all growned up and set itself free!|
Feel free to leave your Thankful List in the comments below, if you aren’t participating directly with the blog hop! Do you have a favorite location you like to walk or go for a bike ride at? Have you seen Captain America: The Winter Soldier yet? If so, (avoiding spoilers) what did you think?