This week was definitely rife with some extreme up and down swings. It’s looking to balance out — finally — here, as the final hours of the weekend tick away. Technically, it’s an extended weekend, so it’s not quite over yet. Tomorrow should shape up to be a fun day, however, so I’m not too worried about anymore drops in mood. Had enough of those for a long while.
Despite being hit with some random bout of bad luck, it’s time to look back at the more Thankful offerings I experienced this week.
- I’m Thankful that today was sort of a “free” week at the apartment. They have been doing some work in the entryways of both buildings, so it was pretty illogical to worry about such things as doing the windows, scrubbing the floor (especially since it wasn’t exactly there), and vacuuming. Personally, I thought they should clean up after themselves…
- That even though this weekend was kind of a black (or is it red?) mark on my calorie count tracking skills (again?), I managed to get in some good walks. Even by myself, which I dislike very much!
- The beautiful week with which to take walks during! Though, it did take a lot longer for it to warm up than they claimed it would.
- Once again being able to hit up the coffee shop and get my write on!
- I may have missed out on the “Big Score” Thursday morning, which was just the beginning of one fucked up day, I had some great experience previous to this. The highlights which include coming across Craigslist ads for various board games I have been wanting for years. I was close to pulling the trigger on some eBay game bundles, but I’m extremely Thankful I waited.
13 of those games weren't there two weeks ago!
- I’m very appreciative of finding games like Ascension. I had played it two or three times, and loved it, but never got around to buying it. This is odd considering I’ve since bought a handful of card/board games to play on Game Nights (which I’ve yet to host…), yet never Ascension. Not only was the core game on sale, but all but two of the expansions.
- Then I came across an ad for someone selling those said two newest Ascension expansions! I now own them all, and have just come to find that the next expansion is being released this June... ¡Ay, caramba!
- I’m Thankful that each individual selling these games were extremely friendly, helpful, and very patient with any questions I had pertaining to the games I purchased. The first game bundle included many games I’ve never heard of, but looked so epic that I couldn’t pass them up. Most of them have added me via Facebook, and hopefully if ever selling more games, or if I have questions, or anyone sets up a Game Night, we will be able to communicate as such.
- This weekend the Ladyfolk and I decided to have dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. It’s weird, but I don’t know why it’s been so long since eating there. Not only that, but we ate there in the middle of one of our walk routes. The walk back wasn’t even that bad afterwards, which was a concern I had. I have a feeling we may take that detour again on a future walk.
- I’m Thankful for the red velvet cake the Ladyfolk made this weekend. One we plan to finish off as soon as I wrap this up! Which is totally now!
OM NOM NOM!
Feel free to leave your Thankful List in the comments below, if you aren’t participating directly with the blog hop! When was the last time you feel like you were hit with some really bad luck? Have you ever heard of any of those games displayed above? If so, which and what are your opinions of them? Are you Thankful for extended/holiday weekends?