A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Widgets

A to Z 2014 : EVERYTHING IS AWESOME

(An A to Z 2014 Challenge Entry)


For the first time, in a long time, I actually went to see a movie at the theater in 3D. That movie was The LEGO Movie. The song above is basically it’s theme song. It’s awesome. Be careful, it’s pretty contagious. If you haven’t yet seen the movie, I highly recommend it. It’s a great film for kids and adults alike. Though, I do feel it leaned more heavily on the kids side, and avoided throwing in too much adult humor; at least in comparison to other animated films. But if you played with LEGOs when growing up (or still do…), or ever played and enjoyed any of the multitude of LEGO games available, then I feel this is definitely a movie for you.

It was more than just a nostalgic trip down memory lane, though, as there were some important messages bleeding through an otherwise simplistic storyline. I’m glad I was unaware of these aspects of the movie before going in, so I could experience them — especially one very pivotal moment — without it having been previously tarnished by spoilers. Seeing it during the opening weekend probably helped.

After leaving the theater, this song was repeatedly sung over and over by the Ladyfolk and I. Well, at least the “everything is awesome” part. Eventually, with some minor research we were able to find the lyrics and could sing the first verse. For at least two weeks, when people would text me asking how I was, “EVERYTHING IS AWESOME” was my response. Some were baffled, but most eventually caught on to it’s origin.

Even now, the Ladyfolk and I will randomly blurt out those first song lyrics, but somewhere down the line, the meaning behind the words became twisted… dirty.

Innocence Lost

You see, after a passionate night of intimacy, the Ladyfolk sang that specific line of lyrics. As ingenious as my mind is, I instantly was able to see clear what was hidden from plain sight, in plain sight. Much like the Davinci Code, the secret meaning behind those three words was unlocked to me. The Code was: “I want sex”.

To be fair, though, I possess the incredible ability of turning everything into code for sex. It’s like my superhuman power! Or maybe I’m a mutant and the power has been directly imprinted in my DNA from conception. The next step in human evolution! The future of mankind!

For example:

“Good night.” = “I want sex.”

“Good morning.” = “I want sex.”

“How was your day?” = “How have we survived so long without sex? Let’s do it now!”

“When do you want to have dinner?” = “When do you want to have sex?”

“Would you like any hot sauce with that?” = “I think you’re hot, let’s have sex!”

“Fuck me, I think I just twisted my ankle!” = “Fuck me!”*

Anyhow, you get the idea. So now whenever my girlfriend says “everything is awesome” I tell her I know exactly what that means!

So, what’s the moral of this story?

I’m not sure, but the Ladyfolk is asking me if I’m done with my “E” post yet, and I’m almost positive I know exactly what she’s asking...

*It happens that I was wrong about this one… thankfully it was nothing serious…**
**The rest I’m sure I’m sure I’m spot on about…

Have you seen The LEGO Movie? If so, (no spoilers - you know what I mean…) what did you think of it? If not, get on it! Do you and your significant other (spouse, lover, etc) ever use any Code for when wanting to get… busy…?

17 comments:

  1. Oh man, oh man! I personally love that you wanted to watch me read it and see my reactions as I did so.

    Everything IS awesome, in all ways explained above. Great movie and even better catch phrase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist.

      It IS a great movie and catch phrase!

      Delete
  2. This entire post is some silly kind of awesome, and made SO MUCH BETTER (sorry) by the first comment :D I can only imagine the reaction...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks :) Sometimes I manage to garnish a chuckle out of my readership... sometimes...

      Delete
  4. Aaaargh! That song is stuck on a loop in my head now. To be fair though, you did warn us. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my best to try :) Don't worry, it will be gone in about a week!

      Delete
  5. It's very telling what the state of Hollywood is when The Lego Movie is the highest acclaimed movie of the year thus far. This one is definitely worthy of a Blu-ray purchase. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm they seem to have been perpetually stuck in a rut of pointless sequels, remakes, and reboots as of late. Definitely worth the purchase!

      Delete
  6. I watched and thoroughly enjoyed The LEGO Movie. It far surpassed my expectations. I think I had a stupid grin plastered on my face the entire time. As far as your, "What she said/What he heard," I think my husband and you speak the same language. Or at the very least, suffer from the same selective hearing issue. LOL. I guess I am a little flattered that he's still so eager after seventeen years. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome you enjoyed the movie so much! I thought it was... yeah... you already know what I'm going to say.

      Your husband sounds like a very respectable fella :-) I happen to know he doesn't let a naked woman go to waste, even if engrossed in a video game. dun Dun DUN! Throwback King!

      Really, after 17 years, that is great and hope that level is maintained on my end.

      Delete
  7. Crap, now that song is stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeep just reading the title can get it stuck in my head >.< Thanks lol

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats