I took a week off as I’ve struggled with thoughts of a hiatus. One with an undetermined time frame. Originally, I thought a few weeks. Come back, start fresh, catch up if able, but not worrying if unable to — much. This is me we’re talking about here…
Then I realized NaNoWriMo is fast approaching, and the likelihood of me being able to blog and write 50k words in a month seems pretty impossible. If I was going to take any sort of hiatus, that would be the optimal time to do so.
So I’m going to attempt a double post weekend, but don’t get your panties in a bunch because it doesn’t amount to the same degree of those who generally double post. It’s simply me catching up to where I should be at. That and I am a little OCD. At least with my own blog series I can control which week I am on as I post them. The TToT keeps on truckin’, whether I am around or not.
Fair warning: I’m not going to bullshit, I may not be able to hop around (and I’ve still not replied to comments from two weeks ago) with everyone this weekend. At this point, I’m just attempting to get words on page, because come November my doing so will be focused in another direction. Sort of. More explanation on that sometime this week. Let’s see if I can actually crank out 20 things I’ve been thankful for these past two weeks.
- My grandmother. I’m always thankful for her, but it bares repeating.
- On that note, I’m really thankful that her health has vastly improved from the weeks prior. She has been having some ups and downs, but it appears she is on the mend.
- Even though he can be a complete pain-in-the-ass, I’m thankful for my brother. He has been helping me make my weekly Grandma Day visits while I’m without a car.
- Three weeks ago (and I believe I forgot to mention before now) my brother got a flat tire during one of these outings. Although he was upset, he was able to get the spare on, find enough money for a new tire — his cost a pretty penny — and still brought me over to our grandmother’s house with no complaints. Well… about dropping me off that is…
- The Blacklist. Since Under the Dome wrapped up a few weeks ago, my grandmother; girlfriend; and I debated a new show to watch together. The Blacklist won and so far it’s a pretty decent show. I really like James Spader, and it’s all about spies and espionage. My cup of tea.
- Coupons. After years of telling myself I would eventually get into the habit of using coupons, I’ve finally crossed over to doing so. It’s surprising how much you can actually save when you shop smart. Whodathunkit? However, no extreme couponing for me!
- I’m thankful my girlfriend helped ease me into the couponing stage. She can be quite gentle and persuading… when she wants to be…
- Getting to see some of my gaming friends. I have so many different circle of friends now that it's hard to divvy up time between them… is what I would say if I had a car and were able to go out… Two Thursdays ago, however, my brother and I were able to go out to one of the local card shops to game with friends. Our appearance at the event — which has been rare lately — was a surprise. It was a ton of fun, and it was great catching up with people.
- I’m also thankful that I did pretty decent at the event. I tied the first game and won the two after. The atmosphere is laid back and casual, but it’s always nice to know you can still win a game or two.
- I'm thankful I got myself to write this (and hypothetically another tomorrow…) when it seemed almost certain I would go my second weekend without doing so. Unfortunately, come November, it may be four weekends without…
Feel free to leave your Thankful List in the comments below, if you aren’t participating directly with the blog hop!