Alright, I’ve had this doc opened the entire day so now that 8pm (make that 11pm) is fast approaching I best get on it! I’ve spend most of the day catching up on other TToT posts for the blog hop so I’m not doing so in the middle of the week (or the day of the next hop...), and can feel a tad bit more relieved with my slow, procrastinating approach to things.
Dyanne and I duke it out sometimes for last place (we are convinced there is an unspoken prize), but with all the newcomers it’s a rough competition. Besides, this gives those overseas individuals something to read in the morning when they open their precious little eyes and begin the new day.
I was just talking about how I need to start writing a list of things I am Thankful for as they happen, because they seem to conveniently disperse when I reach back and sift through my memory. Let’s see what I happen to recall...
- To start off with, I began the week with some difficult discussions, but things quickly smoothed out and I was able to bring a tag-along with me to my grandmother’s house. It was a lot of fun, but I hope she doesn’t get too taken by my grandma. She may be a sweet, loving, old lady on the outside, but inside she is one mischievous little trickster! I’m pretty sure anyone meeting her wouldn’t believe me, though. Hopefully she enjoyed the banter that occurred throughout the evening.
- I’m thankful for the Beginner’s Luck I’ve been experiencing when it comes to various giveaways being hosted by multiple authors (many of them through the Blogging Book Fair). I ended up winning another set of books from another author. I’m not specifically sure which books will be included, so I’m excited to find out! They are signed, as well! I really have a ton of reading to do! I’m hoping to write some reviews too, but a bit nervous about that part.
- The creative inspirations that have been crowding my mind lately, it’s been quite active as of late. I can’t say I can pinpoint why, but unfortunately none of them have been related to After Armageddon, which has been untouched since March. Most pieces that I’ve had for it have been related in a non-sequential order compared to what has been written and placed up. I’ve begun to wonder how many will even remember WTF is even going on in the storyline once I do place up the next installment. Though, part of me wonders if I should, or rather if I should shut it down being I feel it growing personal for me and maybe it’s best not to have online on a blog?
- Helping my brother tweak his Magic the Gathering deck. I haven’t been playing much (or really doing anything lately), so being able to help discuss and tweak his deck helped rejuvenate some of my passion for the game. He also is buying some needed cards from me, and I hope this will ease me into buying/selling/trading cards while the cards are actively desired instead of me sitting on them until they rotate out (for non-players this means the cards cannot be used in the most frequently played tournament/competitive play) and end up dropping to a fifth of their value.
- Microsoft now offering free games for Gold Members. This has been a long time coming, as they have been behind Sony featuring this for years. The premium memberships run about the same, but Sony has always offered a handful of free games (still way more in number than Microsoft) you have access to when a premium member. Microsoft now offers two free games a month, and they are actually decent games. The advantage may be that with Microsoft you can keep said games even if your premium membership expires. I’m not completely certain about that, though, but if true it’s a nice perk over Sony.
|One of the free games I downloaded - It's a lot of fun! (It's actually one of the sealed games I own)|
- Having a fun date night at the end of the week. The plan was to see Man of Steel, but some alternate routes I took to avoid nasty road construction took a bit longer than expected. Thankfully, there were other options available — R.I.P.D., 2 Guns, and The Conjuring — so we opted for 2 Guns. Hopefully a movie review upcoming, but given everyone knows how bad I am about reviewing anything no pinkie swears...
- Movie trailers! Yeah yeah, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again “Man, I love being a turtl...” wait... There were some good trailers offered in front of 2 Guns that I’m hoping I can incorporate into this week’s Trailer Tuesday! It’s going to be a tough decision since I already had some picked out.
- Dinner after the movie. We went out to eat, regardless of being close to Midnight, and it was a lot of fun. There was a lady sitting across from us in a booth that I couldn’t stop looking at. It may sound rude — to both the individual and my company — but I swear to God she looked just like Judge Judy from The People’s Court! It was creepy and I had to make sure I remained on my best behavior!
- The burst of motivation that possessed me to clean up my living room. Not so much clean as organize a bit. A few weeks ago I ended up receiving a large quantity of books, a coffee table, and two end tables from a tenant moving out later this month. For weeks I had the coffee table in the middle of the living room and the end tables stacked on top of it. Then I had the books sorted in piles between them all. I rearranged my bookshelf, moved some of my games (including 70 sealed/unplayed ones) onto the entertainment center, and got all but the romance novels on my shelf. It looks a whole hell of a lot less cluttered in my living room now!
- DQ’s Tripleberry Brownie blizzard — it’s delicious! Last month they had some lemon meringue pie, but it just wasn’t that good. Tripleberry Brownie, on the other hand, is all sorts of awesome! Except perhaps when the body begins to process it...
Feel free to share what you are thankful for down below in the comments, if not participating in the TToT blog hop. Any writers with tips/advice about posting pieces of work [writing] online, whether on a blog or otherwise? Should you avoid it? Does it matter if planning to use the material for a book? When was your last date night, and what did you do? Are you going to try DQ’s new Tripleberry Brownie blizzard?!