A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Widgets

[MOSTLY] WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - I'M BLUE

I don’t necessarily have any home-brewed pictures available for today’s post*, but I thought I would include an addition to yesterday’s Trailer Tuesday. I think we can all handle that, can’t we? So today I offer you a viewing with a smidgen of a bonus afterwards.

I contemplated posting this trailer for some time, but seeing the movie was coming out today I decided against it. In the end, it works out a tad bit better this way. Still, what in the world could have possessed me to avoid highlighting it?

Doesn’t the world as a whole — especially during these trying times — need more Happiness? More Love? More Magic?

More... Blue?

The Smurfs 2 (7/31/2013):

I loved The Smurfs as a child, and would watch it as often as I could. I can’t say I had a favorite, nor did I ever question there only being one female smurf. After all this time, I can’t even recall if Gargamel wanted to capture them for their magic (though possessing his own), give them to his cat to play with, or simply destroy them. I suppose some of this may have been answered throughout the series (or the first movie, which I haven’t seen — despite loving Neil Patrick Harris). I don’t want to spend too much time researching via Google and Wikipedia. Maybe just a peek...

“His main goal in life is to destroy the Smurfs or to capture enough of them to create a potion to turn base matter into gold”

What a prick.

Either way, the movie (as well as the first) seems campy and fun. Geared towards children, for obvious reasons, but perhaps spliced with some adult themes that will go over the head of the youngins. I’d likely skip the theater viewing, unless having children, and stick to RBox/NFlix.

The Smurfs look like they still get into a bunch of mischief and can wreak havoc upon the sanity of one’s peaceful life. But don’t despair, there is always a solution to a Smurf infestation problem.

And if worse comes to worse...?


You can eat them.

But beware...


Once you've had one, you're gonna want to eat them all!

If only that poor bastard, Gargamel, knew that all he ever needed was an army of hungry babies. He would have won the “war” long long ago!

Okay, there was [mostly] nothing wordless about this ;-)

Thank you very much, Christine, for allowing me to use one of your pictures. After I saw it in your post, as I’ve said, I couldn’t help myself. It reminded me way too much of that Meme!

*so I enlisted the help of some friends

Did you ever watch The Smurfs cartoon series? Have you seen the first movie and/or planning to see the sequel? Would you eat a Smurf?

20 comments:

  1. For the photo use alone, I LOVE THIS.

    But no, I HATE the Smurfs with a passion. My sister had a 'Smurfs Go Pop' cd which she would play relentlessly. Then she got their Christmas album and did the same.

    That was it - they're anathema to me. Give me back Andy Pandy and Teddy - now THERE you have some chilled-out wonderful for kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think it's safe to assume you would eat them then!

      I never knew there was a Christmas album or anything... interesting. I could see how that would drive someone to despise them!

      Don't think I am familiar with Andy Pandy... and is Teddy the story reading bear?

      Delete
    2. Ha! safe to assume she would eat them...that's funny.

      Delete
  2. I would SO eat them.

    They released a few absolutely terrible albums

    Andy Pandy's from the 50's. Teddy's his friend. It's such a slow, different-state-of-mind pace. I used to watch them on video at my Grandma's as a tiny tot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLLI7V-xcQA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm interesting... I'm going to check the link in a bit. It better not be anything freaky lol The 50's were weird yo >.<

      Delete
  3. Perfect use of the photo. :)

    I haven't seen the movies, but I loved watching the cartoon as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really hope I did it justice. If not, I will have to engage the "walk of shame" :-(

      Delete
  4. I loved the smurfs too...I have not seen the first movie but might watch both on dvd from the comfort of my living room...I would not pay to go see them.
    Personally I would not eat a smurf however I did enjoy the aftermath of the babies eating smurfs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would watch them if on Netflix, but agree about not seeing them in the theaters (again, unless having kids!)

      I'm not certain if I would eat a smurf... depends on if they are as good as babies make them appear to be!

      Delete
  5. I can admit that I'm not, nor have I ever been, a smurf fan. My son went through a thankfully brief phase of watching them while I insulated myself with my computer and a pair of headphones. But the pictures and captions are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww a shame it was only a brief phase ;-) Who knows how a prolonged forced viewing could have shaped your life!

      I can only take 25% credit on one picture, being I supplied the caption.

      Delete
  6. I love the smurf cartoon, we had the DVD box of the first season bak in the States. But honestly, I cannot bring myself to watch the new movies. Smufs is something from my childhood, and I want to keep the nostalgia alife..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I suppose it makes sense (and all those old shows/cartoons) being available on DVD. I never really buy DVDs, so I don't really bother perusing those sections at retailers.

      While it is a memory (albeit blurry) from my childhood, I'm not opposed to seeing the movies. Who knows, maybe it will create a stronger nostalgic yearning :-)

      Delete
  7. I was a huge smurf of the Smurfs cartoon, in fact as a kid I mostly smurfed cartoons but this was one of the only ones I could smurf. Never saw the movie though and not sure I'll see the first or second. But now I'll be injecting the word 'smurf' into my conversation for the remainder of the weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK Jenn stop smurfin' around! I haven't yet seen either, and I don't recall enough about the cartoon to feel it will affect my "love" of them. Then again, it causes the reverse affect of if I care enough to see them on my own time without someone enticing me to see them? It's kind of 50/50.

      However, I do like the "smurf" being injected to daily conversation, even if just for the weekend ;-)

      Delete
  8. I found Gargamel rather terrifying as a child, but I loved his cat. Odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA Not sure how odd that is, I bet he scared some children. He is creepy... especially if he wanted to eat the smurfs... that's smurfed up!

      Delete
  9. OMG the photos are brilliant! HAHA!!! So did the movie live up to your childhood expectations? Because they totally redid it right??? The smurfs are totally adorable and we'll probably take my son to see it (although I'm more excited about Car's Planes movie - but you know...he has a bit of an airplane fixation!). Also I don't think I'd eat a smurf. I would feel weird about eating somebody who could talk to me. Might just be me though. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could claim credit for the photos! Sure as shit, though, if I ever have a kid, I'm feeding it blue cake and taking tons of pictures lol

      I haven't seen either movie yet >.< so I can't say. I'll see it if they pop up on Netflix I think.

      I'm not sure about Planes. The trailer didn't seem too bad (another I almost posted... I need to post more than 6 trailers on Tuesday! haha). I heard some disappointment over the sequel to Cars, but never saw it. The seem to be going nuts with sequels now with all these Dreamworks/Pixar/Disney movies!

      As for eating a smurf, I guess I'd just say don't knock it 'til you try it ;-)

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats