A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Widgets

VI | INTERLUDE | VI

-WRiTE CLUB-

Just making a quick post today—before replying to comments and blog hopping even—to highlight a contest I just came across on a friend’s blog.

The name of the contest is WRiTE CLUB 2013 and it revolves around people entering writing samples/excerpts of up to 500 words. 32 of those submissions are chosen to continue on to the next round. From there, two of the 32 entries are randomly selected to go head-to-head and are voted on to determine which will progress to the next round. Check out the link, as it offers a more in depth explanation and has rule/guideline listings.

It sounds like a lot of fun, but unfortunately today is the final day for submitting. I just came across it this morning before passing out and now that I am semi-coherent I wanted to make sure to post about it. That way if people happen across this, and they have a writing sample/excerpt, they can still submit.

Really wish I had learned about WRiTE CLUB earlier this month! Good luck if submitting!

Have you submitted to WRiTE CLUB?

8 comments:

  1. Well, shoot. That looked like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but it seems like the whole process may be dragged out. We will see. I wasn't around for the others, which from the sounds of it took a lot longer to complete.

      Delete
  2. Me too, dude! I didn't stumble across it until two days before the deadline myself - which is annoying for all the reasons you mentioned, but maybe a blessing in disguise, because it means there's not enough time to agonize and overthink everything. Nike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that sucks, but should be fun. I am kind of confused why there aren't two or three pair ups are once, though. All 2-3 pairings could last a week, and be voted on in comments.

      Interested to see how it pans out!

      Just Do It!

      Delete
  3. I submitted something to it last year, but found I couldn't keep up with the reading and voting so I withdrew my entry. Its a very cool challenge, though

    For the Yeah Write summer series, its really more of a daily educational thing, not a challenge. If you go to WWW.yeah write.me and scroll down, you will find their blog, and you can read the daily posting. If you want to write your own post about it you can, and if you don't want to, you don't have to. Simple :)

    Yeah Write does have weekly challenges, though. It opens on Tuesday for submissions, until wed night when it is then open for voting. If you read today's yeah write blog, it has both info about their summer series and today's post, as well as this week's challenge. If you still have questions, let me know :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was the voting more intense last year? This year it seems simply to be 2 randomly selected pieces. Mine wasn't one of the 32 selected this year :(

      I really wanted to do the Yeah Write, but I am already so far behind on blogs that it's beginning to be a bit overwhelming. Doing daily blogs and keeping up with daily blogs was hard, and I thought after the fact it would be a lot easier, but that isn't the case.

      The weekly challenges were what intrigued me and made me contemplate joining. As it is, I've already too much on my plate I think. *sigh* Thanks for all your help!!

      Delete
  4. ...the 3rd Rule of Write Club is 'know it exists'

    oh well, (where the hell was my appetite for 'writing-as-enjoyable-competition' when I was in school with a chance to get some skills? lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, knowing it exists helps a lot lol Half the battle I'd say. My entry wasn't selected, but there is possible always next year. Need to get to practicing more.

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats