Last night I gamed with my brother, which I hope to alternate every other Friday, and it was a lot of fun. I sucked royally this time around, though. The cards just weren’t in my favor. Being we drove together it really dragged on being out of the tournament so early and waiting for my brother. Two hours later he would walk away with 4th place and one booster pack worth 3-4$. Uncertain the prize compensates for the time spent.
Today was supposed to be a craze-filled day. There were family gatherings, book club meetups, and friends wanting to spend time together, but I ended up doing none of them. My car isn’t in the best condition so long distant travels (read: 45min+) aren’t likely the safest for me to partake in. I just tote around in my neck of the woods. Along with my brother — who I usually ride with to said events — being unable to make it, this nixed the family gathering from the equation.
Distance also accounts for the book club meeting/movie watching. There are those who attend that would give me a ride, but I seriously hate asking all the time. I just watch the going ons of the Facebook event page from afar and live vicariously through the interactions.
Then the friend asking to hang out had some complications come up and so plans were postponed.
This leads to one potentially mundane weekend, but does that mean I’m not thankful?
10 Things of Thankful II
It may be a good thing I didn’t go out tonight. I almost completely forgot about the blog hop. It’s not yet ingrained in my routine as it’s new (at least to me). So what are some things that I’m thankful for today?
- Being able to use “thwack” in my blog twice in the same week. I’ve no idea why, but using it made me a little giddy.
- Finding one of my folders containing my writing; specifically The Black Omen: Betrayals pieces I wrote back in 2002-2004. When I went to rewrite them to share on my fiction blog this week the folder was missing from my bag — I maybe panicked — most of them being the only printings/copies in existence. I eventually found the folder.
- My motivation to hit the gym more regularly. My friend wants to do a weekly routine, but this past week was really rough for him. Regardless, I still managed to get myself in four times over the past week. It should only get easier with someone to go workout with.
- For my current job allowing me such flexibility. I’ve come to realize I work best under pressure and/or with a deadline, but with my sleeping habits it’s great to be able to go by my own schedule.
- Also my manager/fellow employees being understanding when I forget to put building keys back in the lock-box and/or thinking someone took the faceplate when in reality I had it the whole time and was worried for no reason (mostly).
- Being able to smell when it’s about to rain. I love it. I think most people can do this, but I’ve run into a handful that seem completely unaware of the shifting scent in the air.
- The thunderstorms that finally hit this weekend. I love them, and hope for many more. I wouldn’t be able to handle a Seattle-esque constant drizzle, though. I need that thunder and lightning action!
- Meeting some new friends. This was an odd case of only having known them on Facebook through mutual friends, but deciding to hang out. These instances always have the potential for disastrous results. This was not one of those times.
- Being able to catch up on some of my blog reading. Still more to go, but I think I’m more ahead than behind now! I still waste so much potential time doing completely random things.
- Seeing my nieces this week. They enjoyed seeing the bumblebee that almost killed their uncle. The more I read that... the more I’m uncertain if I should be thankful for that or not...
What do you do on weekends when the majority of your plans fall through? Any good thunderstorms around your area lately? Have you visited family recently?