A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Widgets

BEDiM 2013 : DAY 21

(A Blog Every Day in May 2013 Challenge Entry)

Today’s prompt:

Day 21, Tuesday: A list of links to your favorite posts in your archives

Hmm... I will have to take a glance to see what posts are officially “favorites”, but that would be based on view count, and I don’t believe view counts = fav/most popular. I could see which have the largest comment count, but again I don’t feel that would necessarily portray accurately either. Most commented posts would surely exist within the A to Z/BEDiM Challenges. Maybe I will add the little widget/gadget for the sidebar, anyhow, for shits and giggles.

I will give a listing of links from a variety of my older posts (there aren’t many of them) that I would like to share/revisit that I felt were important to me for varying reasons.

A Look Back

  1. An Intro: Because I always feel it’s best to start from the beginning.
  2. Pseudo Wars: An emotional piece spawned within the heart of NaNoWriMo.
  3. Into the Grey: My first “controvertial” piece that may sully one’s thoughts they have of me. I’d recommend the follow-up to that post as well.
  4. The Secret Truth of the Heart: Disclosing some very, very personal feelings/beliefs.
  5. The Bridge: Raw analysing of a “breakdown”.
  6. Idle Musings: A heartfelt discussion of the aftermath of The Bridge.
  7. Initiative: Just Act Kind: The post I skipped around for months, but finally got partially out during the A to Z Challenge. A post that I feel is very important to me (the post I mentioned I had planned in my The Secret Truth of the Heart post) that I wish to revisit and expand upon once I'm not doing daily challenges.

Unsure of how many I was supposed to list, but seven is my number, so seven it is. I would only post once (maybe twice) a week when starting out, and when I was looking at them I felt they all held a varying degree of importance.

If able to take the time to check them out that would be awesome, but if not I understand. I'm not the briefest of individuals.

For those not participating in the BEDiM Challenge (as I will likely happen upon your posts), do you have any favorite blog entries you’ve made over the months/years?

10 comments:

  1. No, sir, you are not brief. :) I'm reading them anyway. I will never be able to go through all of your archives, so it's good to have a few to help me "catch up".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! thanks :) Hopefully there isn't too much within those that will reflect negatively hahahaha

      Delete
    2. I forgot to tell you, since I know you won't be able to go through all the posts. I've been working on compiling the "best of" pages. I got a couple of them up. (across the top of the home page)
      I've read a few of yours, and so far, nothing to keep me from coming back. :)

      Delete
    3. Okay! That is perfect. I'd love to go through all of them at some point, but realistically I would be about 85 and in a nursing home by the time I hit the halfway mark ;-)

      Give it time... give it time... muahahahaha!

      Delete
  2. I feel like I got to know you a bit better...giddy..no wait, never mind that!

    Some heavy stuff but I just love the way you write. Maybe you should listen to the grey sometimes...you know makes good blog posts, cough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You read them already? Fast and dandy! I'm a slow slow reader :( Takes me ages.

      I am, ironically, right now talking to someone about the Grey and how I should almost do just that. Not necessarily for blog posts lol but that is a good side effect.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely hanging onto this link and will go back to read all of your old posts at some point this weekend. Looking forward to it no matter how long they are, you're a great storyteller!

    Since you asked...I do actually have a list of my favorite posts, I tabbed it Creative Non-Fiction on my blog. I don't use a blogger widget though, I added links manually to a page. In fact come to think of it I probably need to update that page soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn, that is really sweet. Hope people aren't afraid of leaving comments lol Some of those are pretty long, if I recall.

      I will check out your tab of lists. Hopefully you get it updated!

      Delete
  4. I don't have time tonight, but I am definitely going to read all of those posts this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob, Kianwi. At your leisure! They aren't going anywhere.

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats