A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Monday, April 15, 2013

Widgets

A to Z : MOTIVATION

(And A to Z 2013 Challenge Entry)

Once again I had planned an entry, but when coming time to sit down and write I get stuck. Like I have too much to say, not enough, or what I want to say isn’t going to be of interest to anyone. The post was going to be about Magic: the Gathering, a collectible card game I’ve been obsessed with, on and off, throughout the years.

Where would I begin? Go into the history of MtG? How to play? Why I am passionate about it? Talk about the blog I want to start based on the game? Question if my love for board/card/video games makes me some sort of man-child?

So anyhow, I just sit there. It’s like I’m back in my party days — drunk — staring at the hyperdrive-star screensaver in some stranger’s office. Except that was a lot funner, because I could pretend I was in Star Wars.

So I’m suffering from the lack of motivation on multiple fronts: “M” topic, job hunting, doing the laundry. Bleh. Suckage.

I’d rather just spend time catching up on blogs and commenting for now. I think that's how I'll spend my evening. I think I have an “N” entry that can cover some of these random, missed subjects. I will focus on that.

A friend wanted me to write about MacGyver. Considering I’ve never seen the series, I thought I would compromise with a video I recently saw posted:


Happy writing everyone!

Ever have a persistent lack of motivation? Any hints/tricks to get out of a funk?

13 comments:

  1. I've played Magic cards a few times many years ago. Never quite got the hang of it but was getting better.

    Oh yes I have had persistent lack of motivation issues. This is going to sound cliche but it really is true Jak...I often just fake it till I make it. Not making light or being funny, I'm perfectly serious. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and even if it's just in your head, see yourself doing the things you wish you were more motivated to do. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah? Magic eh... you should play again :) haha Nowadays it is so different with so many new rules/mechanics it can be a pain relearning.

      The fake it 'till you make it concept never seemed to work for me. This is likely because I know it isn't true. Not sure. And visualizing myself doing something is another hard one :( Hmm

      Delete
  2. have your nieces over...worked for me.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. or creative visualization. Like Tracy said, see it in your mind, be it in your mind, do it in your mind over and over and over....pretty soon you are creating what you see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having the nieces over would just exhaust me. Maybe I would sleep earlier?

      Again, I have issues with the visualizing myself doing anything, so it will need to be worked on.

      Delete
  4. My favorite motivater is coffee and a good friend to give you a loving kick in the ass when needed. Crossing my fingers it will work for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had lack of motivation over the weekend. You are not alone. You never saw MacGyver but surely you know my "husband" Richard Dean Anderson right?

    I recently was drinking with a guy who is a referee in that Magic card game thingy....yea I know all the cool people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poke lol and your love for Brian Cox! The old senior citizen actor!

      A ref for Magic eh? That explains the drinking :) You do know all the cool people... !

      Delete
  6. I am not motivated to do anything that involves writing or cleaning the house or working. I do work because I need to pay the bills but you know I quit A to Z and Camp Wrimo before the first week was over and cleaning the house just doesn't happen. You are a big man-child. What guy isn't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get motivated! Wish you were still doing the A to Z, people were learning about hippy things!

      1 vote man-child, 1 vote non-man-child. It is a close race!

      Delete
  7. Motivation come and goes - thank goodness! If it didn't, we'd all be in trouble! Looking forward to N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true, but I need mine to come back!

      Delete
  8. Yeah, we all have those spells. That's why I even did this A to Z challenge...because I wasn't feeling motivated, and I didn't want to stop blogging.

    That is so sad that you've never seen MacGyver!

    ReplyDelete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats