A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Friday, April 12, 2013

Widgets

A to Z 2013 : KALEIDOSCOPE

(An A to Z 2013 Challenge Entry)

I am a leaf on the wind.

Sometimes it feels like I have no control over the path I am taking. I am but a passenger. If I struggle, go against the flow, I am met with turbulence. Dramatic eruptions spin me out of my element, and I am initially powerless against the impact. Bombarded, I endure the assault until I learn how to let go; learn I am choosing this. To eventually embrace the calm and once again fall back into the stream. Wrapping myself in the warmth and comfort of not familiarity, but acceptance and understanding.

If I were a kite I could go against the grain. Head held high and soaring to new heights, with a constant surge and birds-eye view. Should the gusty source falter or confidence dip, the plummeting to rock bottom is sealed; no hope for a grip. I love kites, but I never fly them because I think of Benjamin Franklin. From a simple storm comes such a great lesson

During Inception I had a full bladder. I kept thinking “How many damn levels are in this multi-tiered dreaming ladder?” And why the hell was there so much rain? Not just in blips, but excruciatingly prolonged slow-motion, screwing with my brain. Finally the end was near, the end to my strife! No wait — Level Five? — fuck my fucken life!

I’ve always wanted to be a private detective. I only wore the fedora twice, because I couldn’t get a case. Was it my stance, lack of motivation, or that I move at a slow pace? Getting in shape was the key. I could talk about how I bought kale a few times. But I didn’t eat it, I just put in the freezer. I didn’t know what to do with it — I just knew it was healthy.

Grey is a color, one that I adore. The Grey has wolves and in my subconscious opened a door.

My thoughts swim, and glide, and dance, and collide. It can be hard to focus on just one at a time. They want to merge and blend, yet remain independent. Just when I think I have something that makes sense, I open my mouth and in return I receive stares.

I advise that when Jak-speak is involved it’s best to not ask questions. Some students learn fast, other take their time.

I should buy a boat.

15 comments:

  1. YEP, THERE IT IS, MAN. THAT'S WHERE IT LIVES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know what this means and you are shouting it at me!

      Delete
    2. Just accept it, she's right on this one.

      Delete
    3. I refuse. I choose to cause turbulence. She is hopped up on drugs and misconceptions.

      Delete
    4. Drugs and misconceptions is my middle name.

      Delete
  2. Bad idea to drink too much before watching Inception. Bad, bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been at the theater.

      Delete
  3. I was disappointed by Inception, and I didn't even have a full bladder. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww well that is a shame :( I really liked the movie, though admittedly couldn't wait for it to end.

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen Inception so here is a song of my people, "Es regnet es regnet die erde wird nass!".

    It has something to do with rain so it is a valid comment....true story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you happen to be a Christopher Nolan fan I would recommend it. If you like "mind-bender make you think" movies I would recommend it. If you like movies I would recommend it. If you offer songs of your people about rain I would recommend it :)

      Delete
  5. I hate going to the movies because I always end up having a full bladder at some point in the movie and just sit there, waiting for it to end. Never fails.

    I've actually not seen Inception yet... It came out at a time when I didn't get to see many movies (heck, I still don't!)

    -Kristen
    http://www.kristenduvall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going to movies, but I rarely do so anymore. I generally attempt to only spend money on the blockbuster types. Inception was definitely one of those :) You should check it out!

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen it, have been a bit afraid. But now you've made me curious. Must rent it and then we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you see it let me know what you think! It has been on Netflix for ages, or any other kind of steaming video. I liked it a lot.

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats